Friday 26 July 2013

My Daily Selection for Free Kindle Download at Amazon




Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Historical
*Introducing a New Author to the Blog*



Back to my own personal default setting for today's selection .... historical fiction:


Holders Hope. Herefordshire. 


In the long summer of the Edwardian age, the roots of a great garden are laid 



But it's beauty and calm are deceptive - for this is a home with a secret. 



For two generations the lives of two families are bound up with the garden. 



The Allegri family, mine owners with the money to pay for it. 



The Thomas family, mine workers from the Welsh valleys, whose care and skill help to shape it. 



Three children – an unhappy rich girl, a musician and a boy dreaming of revolution – meet in the garden and share a secret that will affect the rest of their lives.



Over some of the most turbulent years of Britain’s history, through the First World War and the industrial strife and poverty of the 1920s, the garden grows, suffers and is almost destroyed by the forces that created it. 



It waits, lost and overgrown, for a man from the twenty-first century with his own secret who will finally solve its mystery and bring a hope of its rebirth.

It's published by Endeavour Press, who normally have decent books, so take this Best Seller in the Historical Fiction category and run with it.  You can download your free copy HERE.  As usual, I'm not sure how long it's long to be available free.




I had a great night at the Hailsham WI Book Club last night (thank you ladies for a lovely time), and met Mr Patrick Easter, the Author of 'The Watermen'. He was such an interesting and lovely man too - I thing I might have a bit of a crush!  Diane, at the Book Group, very kindly lent me a copy to read, and I'm really looking forward to giving it a go.  Click HERE for details on his books.  There is a third book due out shortly.



On Amazon today my rating is (static) 3,562. I suppose that I'm still heading in the right direction, but very slowly now. I would love to get to the top 1,000 Reviewers' some day ....... so if you find the Daily Kindle Downloads info useful please go over to my Reviews on Amazon and leave me some positive feedback  on some of my reviews (which helps my rating, and will earn you my grateful thanks).

Hugs

Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment