Friday 2 August 2013

To convert to Wordpress Self-Hosted Blogging or Not?

I've been pondering this question lately.

It's not as if I haven't had a Wordpress blog before, but I've never self-hosted a blog.  Obviously, it helps that I have the Toodles and Binks website that I could use to host it through, but I am still vacillating.

The Wordpress blogs seem to give more choice in respect of book blogging, i.e. draft posts for different posts.  For instance every day I usually have my Daily Selection and a Review, each of which has a different layout (some wording stays the same each time of the particular post), and I have to cut and paste the info in.

There are also some really nice plug-ins on Wordpress for book bloggers (some paid and some free), which are so much nicer than I get get on Blogger.

The downside is that I've worked hard to get the stats and traffic up on this one, and I don't want to have to start again on that side.  However, I do need to start generating a little bit of income for the work that I put in.

Has anyone any experience of converting a book blog, and which would self-hosting be a good idea?

Hugs

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment