Saturday 3 August 2013

#391 ~ Eighth Sea

The Eighth SeaThe Eighth Sea by Nancy Sprowell Geise

My rating: 1 of 5 stars














I got as a free Kindle download - July 2013, however it's currently listed at £4.66.  374 pages in length.

Unfortunately, I am sad to say that I have had to put this down as a D.N.F. (Did Not Finish).

All was well reasonably well and good until our Leading Lady reached the shores of England ... and then the writing rapidly went down hill.

It seemed all the time the Author was writing about the West Indies, she was perhaps on home turf, or somewhere close to it, and could write with a fair amount of authority and interest. However, travelling across the Ocean Blue was where her knowledge badly let her down.

In fact, I would say that it was so bad, it was actually Laugh out Loud funny in places ... but, my reading time is precious - I finally called time at 43%.

My best advice for this author is to stick to what you know, or do an awful lot of research to enable an authentic historical novel which is set in England. The odd brush up on grammar and spelling wouldn't go amiss either .... sorry!

So for this Author, who was way above her head writing an English Historical Romance ..... 1 star is the best that I can do as there is no DNF button on Amazon or Good Reads.

If you are still interested in reading this to judge for yourself, then click HERE, although be warned it comes with a hefty price tag for what you get.

Hugs

Kay







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment