Friday 8 February 2013

#290 (#8 of 2013) - Bah! Humbug ~ Heather Horrocks *NEW AUTHOR


Description:

Lexi Anderson is an up-and-coming, Martha Stewart-type TV hostess whose two ids love the Jared Strong adventure novels, which happen to be written by their new neighbour, Kyle Miller.

For the first time in his writing career, Kyle has writer's block ... until he sees the snowman on his law and realises it's the perfect solution to his plot problem.  He digs in and discovers two things:  one, his villain's weapon will fit inside the snowman's body, and two, this particular snowman was supposed to be the backdrop for Lexi's new show.

From this impossible beginning comes friendship, but can there be a happy ending for a woman who is afraid to get close again, and a man who has shadows from his childhood?

Families join together and hearts are healed as this couple goes walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Purchased/size etc:

Short - 96 pages

I purchased it on Amazon as a free Kindle offering.  At time of publishing this post is it showing as 75p.


* * * *

Summary:

A short read, and I can really think to say about it was I managed to get to the end.  It has been put in my "One Offs" collection though, and I am glad I didn't have to pay for it. 

Not sure I would seek out more by this author.

2 stars.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment