Wednesday 4 September 2013

My Daily Selection for Free Kindle Download on Amazon





Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Historical > Norman
*Introducing a New Author to the Blog*


I was fairly excited to find this amongst the New Releases, as I'm loving a bit of Norman Conquest following our family trip to Herstmonceux Castle last month:


England, 1069. 


The nation is still recovering from the Norman invasion three years earlier - and adjusting to life under its sometimes brutal new rulers. 

A young girl trembles in the shadows of what was once her home. 

Avis is homeless and penniless, and with no family left alive she is forced to become a ward of Richard, the Norman lord who has taken her home.

But when King William decrees that Norman lords must marry Anglo-Saxon women Avis must make a terrible choice. 

Either marry the repulsive Richard or take a else chance on another Norman, Melville, a man she has never met. 

Soon she realises that survival in a time of turmoil and war depends of putting aide the prejudices of the past 

And if she can do so, kingdoms and hearts can still be among her 'Conquests'. 


A handful of Reviews, averaging at 4 stars, you can download it (for free at the moment) HERE.

Something really rather fabulous appeared in my Inbox the other day, a never before read manuscript from an author that has been featured on this blog before ... I have a copy of their new book to undertake my role of Alpha Reader ...... I'm currently having to be tied down with the excitement of it all! 

I'm just in the process of finishing off Patrick Easter's book, Watermen, and I will then start to cast my beady eye over it.  The reason I am so excited is because I am positively encouraged in the role of Alpha Reader to question and pick up anything before it goes to press.  It's a huge honour to be asked, and I am so grateful to be given this chance - I can't say who the book is written by yet, but watch this space for more news.

Happy reading.

Hugs, with a big smile on my face

Kay





No comments:

Post a Comment