Monday 28 March 2011

#102 (#38) - The Founding ~ Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

The Founding (The Morland Dynasty)

ISBN: 0-316-90793-6

Book 1 of Morland Dynasty


I have to admit to not being that keen to start this book, but was given a gee-up because it had to be back at the Library and couldn't be renewed again as somebody else had reserved it.

It's not a period in history that I like, finding it much to brutal with huge depravation .... I like luxury in the main!

I don't know why I worried so though, as the author did a very splendid job all round ... and I fell into it from the first page.  The story of Eleanor the founding Mother of the Morland Dynasty and her love for Richard, Duke of York, but with an arranged marriage to Robert Morland and the many children and grandchildren she produced.

A worthy 4 **** star read.

Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment