Sunday 27 March 2011

#101 (#37) - Loveday Conspiracy ~ Kate Tremayne

Loveday Conspiracy



ISBN: 978-0-7553-4767-4

The saga of the Loveday clan continued, but I have to admit not as quickly as I had hoped (or mentioned beforehand).

The author's proclivity of re-telling the events that went before, seemed even  worse than in previous books.  Indeed, it wasn't until the last third that it picked up any kind of pace at all.

In a nutshell, the continuing feud between Adam Loveday and his Cousin Tristan.  The other festering discontent of Japhet Loveday for the man that plotted to have him sent off to Australia the night before his pardon was granted.  Richard Allbright's rakeish ways and a seduction of an innocent young girl.  Tragedy and loss of a son for Peter Loveday ans his Bridie, and the resulting loss of faith that Peter suffers.

After giving it careful consideration a 2.5 *** Star rating was the best I could do, and the half star was only gained in the last third.  Although I would say that if you want to see out the Loveday saga is has to be endured!

As I haven't been well this weekend I have treated myself to a lot of laying around on the bed and reading, and have consumed two further books, but I will be back tomorrow with those ones.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment