Saturday 5 October 2013

#382 ~ Stowaway on Titanic

Stowaway on Titanic (Tegan O'Malley, #4)Stowaway on Titanic by Larry Names

My rating: 3 of 5 stars







Published by:     Eagan Hill Publishers
Pages:              288
Reading Age:     Young Adult/Adult
Genre:              Fiction > Historical > Time Travel
Does not contain any sexual content of foul language




I was very kindly provided with a copy of this book via the First Reads Scheme on GoodReads in return for an honest Review.

I have to say that the time travel slant to novel was an interesting way to go.

It didn't seem that far fetched, as is sometimes the case with time travel fiction, and I had the distinct impression that the Author had taken time to research his materially really well - the whole work was handled sympathetically to the era.

From research, I believe that is one in a series featuring Tegan O'Malley, with her travelling through time to various different periods.

Despite the fact that I didn't have my notebook to hand, I did note a few tiny errors, but nothing that distracted from the work as a whole (I will not being going back over it to find them!). All in all, it was a well delivered piece of fiction, with a well paced feel and authentic characterisation.

3 stars from me, and I would certainly read more in this series, and indeed other offerings from Larry Names.

You can also see my Blog Post Number #382 in October 2014, and additional details on my Blog under "Review by Series" for other works by Larry - NB:  I am currently waiting to hear form him with a full list of this Tegan O'Malley Series and other works, and will update the section asap.


If you are interested in reading this book, you can purchase it HERE.



Errors/Bug Bears:

As I mentioned above, there were a couple of tiny errors, but I didn't have a notebook to hand, so will let them go in this case.  

Happy reading.

Hugs

Kay






No comments:

Post a Comment