Saturday 25 June 2016

#491 ~ The Art of Letting Go


The Art of Letting Go

The Art of Letting Go by Chloe Banks


My rating: 4 of 5 stars






This book, the first I have read by Chloe Banks, was on the shortlist for the People's Book Prize in 2015, and when I first started reading for about a chapter I did wonder why.

It was a slow-burn read told from the perspective of several chapters in alternating sections, there was also a nicely done epistolary element between one of the main characters and her long-time friend - I liked the imagination of the author in mixing up the delivery a bit.

There were no major plot twists and turns, rather it meandered along at a nice clip. It wasn't seat of the pants reading, but it was enjoyable and highly recommended with somewhere between the lower end of 4 and 5 stars.

I purchased mine with Amazon Kindle Unlimited.  Details HERE.


Errors/Bug Bears/Highlights:

The production value was really quite good, with only one mistake that I noticed:

Page 53:  'in the pub like nay normal person ...' - probably should be 'any'.


Hugs

Kay

xxooxx



View all my reviews






No comments:

Post a Comment