Wednesday 1 June 2016

#490 - In the Light of What We See


In the Light of What We SeeIn the Light of What We See by Sarah Painter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars











I found it to be fairly slowed paced, but please don't take that as a criticism - sometimes a meander is just as satisfying as a fast-paced adventure.

Without giving any spoilers, it's a two stranded book with a contemporary and historical (pre-WWII) flip between chapters and there is a paranormal element to add a little texture.

I like the cut of this author's jib - whilst this was a good read - it was a little safe. I am fairly confident that she could really turn up the gas to produce something truly outstanding.

As I am a Kindle Unlimited Member on Amazon I got this free, you can get hold a copy HERE.


Highlights: 

Page 67 - 'Okay.  Now I knew I would have to get better, so that I could kick him in the nuts.' 


Bug Bear/Error:

A really goo quality production for this, with just one error I spotted at Page 171 'aggrieved tone he often used.' - I think it should have been 'she'.


Hugs

Kay





No comments:

Post a Comment