Thursday 16 September 2010

#4 - The Perfect Lover


The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)The Perfect Lover by Stephanie Laurens


My rating: 4 of 5 stars








I've just finished this one this morning, in between packing Toodles off to school (not my turn for the school run today) and packing orders......and it might be heading to the top of the list of Stephanie Laurens titles read thus far - an easy read of Simon Cynster and Portia Ashford, friends/adversaries since childhood and their slow discovery of love that develops. More saucy scenes and a murder ~with Simon and Portia trapping the murderer at the end all ends happily ~ just what I would expect.

I think this one is book 10 in the Cynster series, but as before you can read any of them as stand-alones ... actually though, pay attention they do weave together very nicely!

Right, enough reading for now ~although I have selected another Cynster one, which is ready and waiting to go .... Temptation and Surrender.

Actually, whilst thinking about this there is one point I might have touched on before, but I feel the need to expand: I most assuredly DO NOT like the trashy drawn illustration covers that the books are currently being sold with. The one I have been reading (above) has a much nicer cove. I accept that perhaps the publisher wants to suggest at the saucy nature that lies within, but come on ...... a real photograph of people in the relevant historical period in a saucy pose would give their books the due homage they need .... the trashy illustrated versions just remind me of cheapo books without much going on in them, and written by an entirely less worth author. I would be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this.

Happy Reading.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment